Project Accountant Full-time Job8 months ago - Financial Services - Addis Ababa - 672 views
CEFA (European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is a Non-Government Organisation whose headquarter is in Bologna, Italy (www.cefaonlus.it). CEFA mainly works in the following activities: 1) Rural economy with production, transformation and commercialization of agricultural products; 2) Crafting products; 3) Basic infrastructures to guarantee water access, requalification and environment protection of the territory and the use of renewable energies; 4) Technical and Management training.
In Ethiopia CEFA is registered since April 2018. Our main mission in Ethiopia is to ensure economic empowerment for women and youth living in rural areas and to offer sustainable opportunities for farmers.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Name of the project: Seeds of Future
The Seed of Future project is an integrated initiative that aims to contribute to the improvement of the production and intake of a nutrient rich diet by rural communities in the Oromia Region, through the adoption of a multi-sectoral approach (agricultural, social and health), work with a particular emphasis with women, children and other vulnerable groups, by creating and promoting a new social pact and strong alliances between producer associations and other institutions. This is done with the intent to activate a process of structural change, whereby agricultural practices are promoted among peasants and families, while taking into account the diversity of the production systems.
Location of the project
Oromia Region, South West Shewa Zone - Wolisso Zuria, Goru, Seden Soddo and Ameya Wereda.
ABOUT THE ROLE
CEFA is looking for a highly motivated and capable professional to fill the post of Project Accountant ensuring adequate support to effective and transparent systems implemented for financial transactions, recording, Field office resource managementand project administration and timely reporting to management and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that payment of project office taxes and other government obligations are completed on time;
- Provide general administrative support to project staff;
- Maintain formats and other necessarily documents and reports in relation to assignments of the project
- Ensure proper maintenance and confidentiality of project personnel files and assist the administrator in providing an updated record regularly;
- Prepare payrolls, overtime payments etc;
- maintain employee timesheets.
- Ensure day to day accounting activities in respect of policies and procedures, state financial legal requirements and donor/organization guidelines;
- Responsible for cash movements, journal entries and for daily cash reconciliations of the field office;
- Responsible for voucher system and its management in accordance to the internal procedures;
- Preparation of the monthly cash analysis;
- Maintain contacts with local banks, assist in bank account reconciliations;
- Categorize payments clearly and precisely under the appropriate expenditure codes of respective projects;
- Provide ledgers and other relevant financial documents to the project documentation;
- Ensure that purchase related expenses are supported with all the necessary financial documents as per procurement procedures;
- Check the quality of invoices and payment documents after payments are made according to the procurement procedures;
- Prepare tax (IT, WHT, pension) computations of the project payments;
- Prepare vouchers, cheques, CPOs, transfer letters;
- Invoices payment if necessary;
- Assist the administrator in preparing all the documents needed for the audit process
- Keep relationships with suppliers and local authorities’ offices;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Attested skills in the use of Peach three;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience;
- Previous experiences with international NGOs and donors will be considered an asset.
- Fluent in English and Amharic;
- Perfect knowledge of Ethiopian accounting, taxation and labour rules/regulation;
- Relevant experience in Accounting;
- Relevant experience in using Peachtree accounting software;
- Relevant experience in procurement procedures;
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Tools;
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheet skills;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, taking initiative, setting priorities;
- Planning and prioritizing skills;
- Attention to details;
- Knowledge of Italian would be an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the below documents not later than 27th June 2020 via the following email address: [email protected] and specifying in the object of the email: Vacancy_Accountant_Wolisso.
We only receive applications submitted via the above-mentioned addresses as follows:
- CVs (not more than 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
- Highest Education certificate (copy)
- References of three previous employers